MORE members and staff and community volunteers will visit up to eight Chicago homeless shelters to distribute donations and engage parents and children in family and financial literacy activities.
The Following are the homeless shelters MORE members will visit:
1. Cornerstone, 4628 North Clifton Avenue
2. Saint Francis, 7811 S. Ellis
3. River of Life, 1663 N. Mozart
4. New Life Interim, 7632 N. Paulina
5. Amani House, 11740 S. Lowe
6. Lena Washington House, 1609 S. Homan
Through this initiative, families in shelters are encouraged to be more involved in their child’s literacy development by members and community residents.
Simple and easy to do activities are demonstrated, and the accomplishments and achievements of Dr. Martin Luther King are highlighted.