In addition to their work with the Center for Literacy AmeriCorps, Project MORE collaborates with other AmeriCorps programs and community organizations to implement several service projects during the year. Over the years, Project MORE participants have worked with many different groups around the city, expanding their service opportunities and working to transform their communities.
AmeriCorps Project YES: http://www.nush.org/item/show/48
- Partner for Youth Service Day neighborhood beautification project.
City Year: http://www.cityyear.org/chicago.aspx
- Annual Service & Job Fair
- Service Site Tour: educating individuals and community leaders on AmeriCorps goals while promoting and showcasing the Chicago area programs involved with community service.
Literacy Volunteers of Illinois (LVI): http://www.lvillinois.org/about.asp
- On the Road to Literacy Conference: AmeriCorps members present and/or support the conference each year. Workshops include topics for providers, students, and individuals in the literacy or adult education field.
Serve Illinois LeaderCorps Program: www.serve.illinois.gov/
- Project MORE elects a member to represent the program and participate in activities that promotes leadership, links members from all Illinois AmeriCorps programs and engage member in service planning activities to unify programs across the state.
University of Illinois Extension Program: http://web.extension.illinois.edu/allmymoney/
- Provides training for AmeriCorps members on research-based financial literacy lessons
Literacy Works: http://www.litworks.org/
- Supplemental training to members in the areas of Adult Basic Education, ESL, and literacy
Chicago Public Library: www.chipublib.org/eventsprog/events/bookamania/bookamania_schedule.php
- AmeriCorps supports the Book-A-Mania literacy celebration which engages over 5,000 children and parents in reading activities.
Garfield Park Conservatory: www.garfield-conservatory.org/
- Green Literacy project [ link to workshop documents]