Resource Center for Autism and Developmental Delays
RCADD-This is us
WE’RE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU
The Resource Center for Autism and Developmental Delays provides support for those who care for, teach and serve children with an Autism Spectrum Disorder or other developmental delays. RCADD serves families currently enrolled in an Early Head Start or Head Start program as well as others throughout the Chicagoland area.
RCADD offers support at no cost to our patrons in the form of resources, referrals, training and ongoing consultations for families and professionals.
SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES AND PROFESSIONALS
SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES AND PROFESSIONALS
If you are a family member or professional responsible for a child in the Early Head Start/Head Start program we invite you to visit one of our two RCADD centers for a tour. While visiting our center you can take advantage of the following complimentary support offerings:
Our lending library provides a variety of materials including books, games, software and visual supports for use at home or school. Our materials are designed to teach social skills, reduce anxiety, promote communication, and help to clearly define expectations for children.
We invite families and caregivers to take advantage of the variety of complimentary resources available at our centers. Through our RCADD Lending Library we provide books, software, games, and visual supports that are designed to help children with autism spectrum disorder and developmental delays improve language development and communication, social skills, academic achievement, sensory processing and assist with the activities of daily living.
You’ll also have access to our computers, color printer, laminator, Velcro and manipulatives to aid you in creating adapted books, behavioral charts, schedules, and other activities to help support children’s goals.
Spanish Speaking support staff at RCADD West
We serve as the link to relevant services, resources and trainings including assessments, support groups, recreational activities, occupational therapy, speech therapy, respite services, advocacy, social skills groups, trainings, upcoming community opportunities and assistance with understanding your child’s Individual Education Plan (IEP).
If your child has been diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder or other developmental delay or if you are concerned that your child is exhibiting some of the early warning signs of autism, the staff at the Resource Center for Autism and Developmental Delays can assist you with identifying the appropriate resources and referrals for your specific needs.
We provide basic case management and referral information to connect families and professionals with the following services and resources:
- Support Groups
- Recreational Activities
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Social Skills Groups
- Parent/Professional Trainings
- Upcoming community opportunities
RCADD offers training opportunities specific to the needs of those teaching, serving, or caring for children with autism spectrum disorder and/or developmental disabilities.
- RCADD training are developed based on best practice interventions and evidence-based treatments. Participants are eligible to earn ISBE professional development or Early Intervention credits. There is no cost to attend our workshops which are held monthly at one of our two locations. Currently, we offer the following training.
- Understanding Autism: An Overview for Families and Professionals a workshop designed to address the core characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Training Available in Spanish.
- Tips & Tools for Homes & Schools a workshop meant to address the academic, social and leisure objectives of the child with autism and/or developmental delays. This subject matter is specific to families and educators of children enrolled in early education. Training Available in Spanish.
- Visual Supports for Social Emotional Learning – Strategies meant to support social-emotional development in young children and prevent challenging behavior. Participants will leave with visual tools to use at home or in the classroom.
- Building Literacy Skills in Children with Autism– Strategies meant to create a more positive and enjoyable reading experience and to reduce frustrations that may occur. Participants will be better equipped with creative ideas to build and promote literacy in children who have autism.
- Advocacy– Participants will become familiar with federal and state special education laws as well as the protocols and procedures which can lead to successful IEP outcomes.
- Sign up for Training
Resource Center for Autism & Developmental Delays
RCADD at FAST West
Garfield Community Service Center
10 South Kedzie, Room 202
Chicago, IL 60612
P 312-746-5447 F 312-743-0391
RCADD at FAST South
King Community Service Center
4314 South Cottage Grove, Room 103
Chicago, IL 60653
P 312-747-8571 F 312-747-8991
Monday: 9 am -5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am -5 pm
Wednesday: 11 am -5 pm
Thursday: 9 am – 5 pm
Friday: 9am – 5 pm
RCADD Newsletter Registration Link
Subscribe to the RCADD Newsletter by clicking the link below!